Page 1 of 6
Students Admission Rules
- Admission for students of Indian nationality seeking to pursue education in
the Institute shall be on all India basis, through a Common Entrance Test
recognized by the Institute.
- Reservation of seats for various categories shall be as per the guidelines issued by the Government of India from time to time.
- Admission to Under Graduate (B.Tech as well as Dual Degree (B.Tech and Master of Science/ M.Tech) programmes shall be during the first year only.
- . Students admitted to Under Graduate Programmes shall have to continue with the course initially allocated at the time of admission. However, the Institute may allow a change of branch to a limited number of students at the end of the first year, subject to meeting the academic requirements stipulated by the Institute
- The Admissions to Under Graduate Programmes will be through personal/online counselling in the order of merit.
- Each student admitted to any of the programme of the Institute shall submit the original marks cards of Classes X and XII, Transfer Certificate, Pass Certificates issued by the respective academic Board/University, Category Certificate wherever applicable and Medical Fitness Certificate issued by a Civil Surgeon, at the time of admission.
- The admission, provisional or otherwise, of any student who either does not submit the required documents by the stipulated date or fails to meet any other stipulated requirements for admission shall stand cancelled.
- Each student selected for admission shall execute a Surety Bond (on an Rs.500/- Non-Judicial paper) in the prescribed format duly signed by the student, parent and surety at the time of admission at the Institute. The bond conditions, inter-alia, are as under:- (Please refer to the surety bond executed by the students for full details)
- On completion of course in four years of admission for B.Tech and five years of admission for the dual degree programmes with a minimum of 7.50 CGPA on a 10 point scale, a student shall be considered for absorption, stream wise, in the order of merit in ISRO/DOS 2 establishments, subject to availability of vacancies for the purpose of absorption in the year of completion of the course.
- The student cannot claim for absorption in ISRO/DOS against the vacancies notified for absorption during the subsequent years.
- In case of absorption in ISRO/DOS, students have to serve ISRO/DOS for a minimum period of 3 years.
- The rejection of offer of absorption will amount to non-fulfillment of service obligation of 3 year in ISRO/DOS.
- The admission of any student may be cancelled by Director, IIST, at any point of time if the student:
- has supplied false information or suppressed some relevant information while seeking admission;
- has violated the Code of Conduct & Discipline as determined by the Institute;
- has not met the academic performance standards as per stipulation of the Institute;
- is found to be unfit on medical grounds while studying in the Institute.
- The Institute shall be open to persons of either sex of whatever race, caste or class, and no test or condition shall be imposed as to religious belief or profession while admitting the students.
- Institute may make changes in the Rules, Regulations and guidelines as deemed appropriate in the best interest of maintaining academic standards.