Rose Water Skin Benefits and way to use
|Why Is Rose Water Good For Your Skin?|
|Benefits Of Rose Water For Skin|
|Rose Water for Hair|
|Rose Water for Eyes|
|Cooking and Drinking Rose Water|
|How To Use Rose Water|
It is not too hard to get lost in the heavenly fragrance of rose water. This amazing ingredient is a staple in most skin care routines. In fact, its use dates back to before the establishment of the Roman Empire when Cleopatra was believed to use it as a part of her beauty regime.
Rose water is a magic potion and is a must in your beauty regime, as it is famed for its skin benefits. It can be used to for any type of skin, whether oily or dry or a combination type. Rose water can be used for beautiful skin, great looking hair and also healthy eyes.
Rose water or Gulab Jal is incredibly versatile thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties and rich content of antioxidants. The water helps soothe your skin, tone it, and keep it moisturized. Its versatility allows it to be combined with various ingredients to suit the needs of each skin type.
- Maintains The pH Balance Of Your Skin
The pH of your skin falls in between 4.5 to 6.2, making it slightly acidic. The excessive use of soaps, facial cleansers, and products can disrupt this balance and lead to the growth of bacteria, resulting in issues such as acne. With a pH level of 5.5, rose water helps balance out the disruption by bringing your skin’s pH levels back to normal.
- Soothes Sunburns
Rose water helps soothe and heal sunburns with its cooling properties. If you ever forget your sunblock and end up with a nasty burn, rose water can help soothe your skin while accelerating the healing process.
- "Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores", says Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, Skincare Expert.
- Refreshes Your Skin
Carrying a spray bottle filled with rose water in your bag is the best way to ensure that your skin feels fresh all through the day. Not only does the water help keep your skin hydrated but it also works as a face mist and makeup setter that keeps your skin feeling fresh and supple for long hours.
- Soothes Skin Conditions
If you are suffering from a skin condition such as eczema or psoriasis, pure rose water can help. The ingredient’s cooling properties coupled with its anti-inflammatory properties help soothe the irritation and aggravation caused by such skin conditions.
- Slows Aging
Your skin ages faster because of exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun, due to the use of products laden with harsh chemicals, stress, an unhealthy lifestyle, and pollution. All of these factors assist the generation of free radicals that damage your skin. Rose water’s high antioxidant content helps tackle this by neutralizing the free radicals and keeping your skin healthy.
- Suits Sensitive Skin
Because of how mild this natural ingredient is, it perfectly suits sensitive skin. The water helps soothe redness and irritation with its anti-inflammatory properties. The best part is that it has no side effects.
- Reduces Puffiness
Rose water’s anti-inflammatory and cooling properties not only leaves your skin feeling refreshed but it also tackles puffiness, especially under your eyes. By simply placing two cotton pads saturated with cold rose water over your eyes, you can tackle puffiness within minutes.
- Hydrates Your Skin
A common misconception when it comes to the use of toners is that they dry out your skin. This is not true when you are using natural and mild ingredients such as pure rose water for skin. Rose water helps freshen up your skin by settling into your pores and providing it with mild hydration. This goes a long way when it comes to improving the texture of your skin. The best part is that the ingredient is super easy to spritz on whenever your skin starts to feel dehydrated.
- Tones Your Skin
While most us are aware of the importance of the CTM (cleansing, toning, moisturizing) routine, we tend to neglect the toning part. What most people don’t realize is that it is one of the most crucial parts of any skin care routine. Toning helps remove residual dirt and oils, preparing your skin for optimal hydration. Rose water is an excellent toner, thanks to its pH balancing properties. It helps remove oils and dirt from your skin, preparing it for skin treatments that are to follow.
- Curbs Acne
Rose water helps remove the excess oils from your face. It also helps discourage the growth of acne-causing bacteria with its pH balancing properties. This helps reduce acne while controlling future breakouts.
Rose Water for Hair
Rose water can stabilize the pH balance of the hair and can repair damaged hair. It has antiseptic qualities and reduces dandruff caused by fungus. It also promotes the growth of hair, due to its stimulating properties. It is used in shampoos as well as conditioners is a simple way to incorporate it into your hair care regime. Rose water can also be mixed with some jojoba oil and massaged into wet hair before washing the hair with shampoo.
Rose Water for Eyes
Rose water has antibacterial as well as antiseptic properties that can cure eye problems arising due to dust and pollution as well as the use of makeup. It reduces eye fatigue and relaxes your eyes. Rose water can also be used for clearing the dark patches around the eyes, which could be caused due to suntan or the lack of sleep.
Dip cotton in rose water and place them over the eyes for around fifteen minutes before cleaning them. You can also rinse your eyes with rose water to get relief from tired eyes. Dip cotton pads in a mix of milk with rose water and pat it over the eyes to get rid of dark circles. A few drops of rose water can also be dropped into each eye to offer relief from red or inflamed eyes.
- Lightens Dark Circles
Rose water is considered to be great for lightening stubborn dark circles. Take a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of cold milk and 2 tablespoons of cold rose water in it. Dab the cotton ball into the mixture and leave it for about 20-25 minutes. Apply the mixture under your eyes and allow it to stay for some time. Rinse off with cold water and repeat the procedure daily for effective results.
- Use It As An Eye Wash
After working for long hours in front of desktops, stress and irritation in the eyes are quite common. In order to get rid of the same, it is always better to keep rose water handy. All you need to do is to wash your eyes using the same. Take some normal water and add few drops of cold rose water to it. Close your eyes and wash them using the same.
- Removes Dust
With the increase of dust and pollution in the environment, our eyes get targeted easily. Since it is quite impossible to remove all the dust from the eyes with just water, add few drops of rose water in your eyes before sleeping and press them slightly to remove the dirt. Once it is done, wash off your face with cold water.
- Soothes Eye Irritation
Irritation and burning sensation in eyes can turn out to be quite annoying. If you happen to suffer from the same, then rosewater will definitely help you. Add few drops of rose water to your eyes and close them for 10 minutes. Doing so will soothe your eyes to a great extent.
Cooking and Drinking Rose Water
Rose water contains vitamins A, C, E and B and is a cure for depression and sore throats. You can use it in cooking by making rose water tea, as it hydrates the body and cools it. Food and drink that contain rose water can soothe and cool the body during summer. Drinking rose water also prevents aging of the skin, reduces wrinkles and lightens the dark spots. It relieves stress and enhances your mood. It cures colds and flu and can assist in respiratory problems.
The best and easiest way to use rose water may be to apply it at night, to clear all impurities the face has collected through the day; but we've listed other surprising uses which are so quick and easy,
- Spritz Away! "A great way to use rosewater is by spritzing it on your face. Rosewater can also be sprayed over makeup to work as a makeup setting product, the mist will leave your face radiant", suggests Delhi-based makeup artist, Mrignaina Kumar. Fill an empty spray bottle with rosewater and spritz once you're done with your morning beauty routine to keep your face fresh and hydrated.
- Dry and Frizzy Hair? You've come to the right place. Mix equal parts rosewater and glycerin, apply on the scalp with the help of cotton pads and massage for 10-15 minutes. Let it stay for another 30 minutes and wash off with shampoo.
- Facial Cleanser: Rose water can be used as a cleanser on all skin types. After washing your face with a mild face wash, all you have to do is add a few drops of glycerine to 1 tbsp rose water and apply it on your face.
- Hair Conditioner: Post shampooing, use a cup of rose water as a final rinse. It helps condition the hair deeply, adding a healthy shine you'll just love.
- No More Tired Eyes: If you have tired, inflamed eyes - soak a cotton pad in chilled rose water and apply. It helps reduce puffiness under the eyes and get rid of redness.
- Facial Toner: Wet a soft cotton ball with chilled rose water and dab it on cleansed skin. Its mild astringent properties help tighten the pores and gently tone the skin.
- Goodbye Acne: "Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tbsp rose water, apply it on the acneic skin and let it stay for 30 minutes. Wash with fresh water and reap the benefits", says Dr. Rahul Nagar, Dermatologist, Max Hospitals. You can also apply a speedy face pack of fuller's earth (Multani mitti) and mix it with rose water. Once it dries, wash it off. This helps cleanse pores, control excess oil and prevent acne.
- Makeup Remover: Tried and tested, this is the best makeup remover ever. Add a few drops of coconut oil to rosewater on a cotton pad and cleanse your face. The mixture works wonders to wipe off makeup and nourish your skin deeply at the same time. Note: Rub gently to avoid being harsh to your skin.
- Fair and Lovely: Add 2 tbsp gram flour and mix it with rose water plus lemon juice to make a smooth paste. Apply for 15 minutes to get rid of tanning.
- Pamper Yourself: Mix rose water with almond oil or regular cream and moisturize your body. "For some extra indulgence, draw yourself a rose-scented bath. It's considered the best antidote to stress",
Note: The opinions expressed in this article are the personal opinions.