How to install Teamviewer 12 in android?
There are times when it is simply most convenient and efficient to be able to connect to that mobile device from your own mobile device.
Whether it is to provide tech support to a coworker’s phone while you’re away from your desk. Or if you’re travelling to inspect equipment powered by mobile technology, with your tablet close to hand.
Mobile to Mobile Connections in TeamViewer 12 allows for cross-platform remote control or screen sharing between mobile devices.
Itching to get started? Follow these steps!
- How to Establish Connections to Android Devices
You can connect to any supported Android-based devices with TeamViewer for Remote Control for Android, iOS, and Windows 10 Mobile.
- Download and install TeamViewer QuickSupport or TeamViewer Host on the remote Android device.
- You may be prompted to install an AddOn according to your device manufacturer. Please follow the on-screen instructions and install the necessary AddOn for Remote Control capabilities.
2. As for every TeamViewer connection, you will need the target device’s TeamViewer ID to connect.
- You can find the TeamViewer ID of the device on the start screen of the app.
Hint: Add the ID to your Computers & Contacts list. This way you can access it easily on every device you log in with your TeamViewer account and connect to it instantly.
- For Host: After entering your account credentials, the device is automatically added to your Computers & Contacts list and can be accessed there. The device is added to the oldest group in your list by default.
3. Everything is set up for a connection from the supporting device.
Note: Please make sure not to close the QuickSupport app unless you do not want to access the Android device anymore. If you use the Host app, accessing the device is possible after the initial start of the app at any time.